The fall baking continues! Over the weekend I tried out this new recipe for a pumpkin roll. I've never made a pumpkin roll before and the recipe I found actually looked kind of intimidating, BUT it was so EASY! Here is what you need:
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar (you sprinkle this on the town you pull the bread in!)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 8 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- powdered sugar for sprinkling on top!
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper.
- Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl.
- Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick.
- Beat in pumpkin.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched.
- Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel.
- Carefully peel off paper.
- Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack. Yes, literally roll the towel into the cake- So make sure it's a clean towel :)
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth.
- Carefully unroll cake.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
I know, it seems tricky- But really, it was easy and a HUGE hit! Try it out!